Where motorcycles in India are concerned, it seems that its good news all around with the latest input pointing to a double number growth in this sector. With more than 12,613,241 units being sold last year, it seems that more Indian consumers are purchasing motorbikes than earlier on. If you are thinking about purchasing a 300CC range bikes, then you may want to check out some of the top range motorbikes in that particular category. We have collated some of the best and have listed the same below for your reference.
More often than not, the 300 CC motorbikes have always been considered to be an entry sports bike, rather than a full-fledged one. That being said, despite the fact that the engine displacement on the bike is much higher than you would be used to, in say 100CC motorbikes, a 300CC bike would still provide you with the raw taste of power and an adrenaline rush, as you turn on the throttle.
Check out some of the top bikes in this category, listed here.
1. KTM 390 Duke
The KTM 390 Duke certainly looks powerful enough as it comes with a stronger angular design that best compliments this bike. It is a fuel efficient sports bike, and one whose performance certainly exceeds its looks. It does come with a larger engine displacement than the smaller bike variants but that being said, it packs in quite a punch and even comes with additional features. It is essentially a 373CC engine bike, that operates with a single cylinder, liquid cooled engine, which cranks out 43bhp and 37Nm. Check out some of the main features of this motorbike,
- It is a 373cc motorbike
- It is a sports bike and as such, it comes with brisk acceleration,
- It comes with 6 speed gearbox
- It comes with a split LED headlamp which gives it that unique look
- It comes with a power output of 42.90bhp at 9,000rpm
- It is a fully loaded bike with boomerang-shaped LED DRLs
- Type of tyre used – tubeless alloy
- Mileage – 23 kmpl
2. YAMAHA YZF R3
The Yamaha YZF R3 certainly looks aggressive and edgy, just as expected of any high-performance motorbike. What sets the Yamaha YZF R3 apart from the others is that it comes with a great angular body design as well as a sharp front end, with twin-pod headlights right up front and center. It certainly looks different and comes loaded with all the features you would ever look for in a motorbike. Overall the bike has been re-hauled for better aerodynamic flow and is designed in such a way so as to minimize drag on the vehicle.
The Yamaha YZF R3 is a fuel-injected, 321 CC liquid-cooled, parallel twin and 4 valve engine as well. It certainly stands out in terms of its performance with the bike standing out with over 41.4bhp of power and 29.6Nm of torque. Check out some of the main features of this motorbike,
- It comes with an engine displacement of 300CC
- It comes with a maximum power output of 41.4bhp at 10,750rpm and a peak torque output of 29.6Nm at 9,000rpm
- It comes with 6 speed gearbox
- It comes with digital, analogue instrument cluster
- The instrument display comes with gear position indicator, which can be quite handy
- It also comes with large windscreen, LED taillights, and alloy wheels
- It contains Metzeler tires
- It also comes with electric start
3. BMW G 310 R
The BMW G 310 R comes with a crisp look that’s partly inspired by the bigger BMW bikes. This roadster manages to look elegant with its new design and yet, manages to convey aggressiveness at the same time. It comes with a beautiful design, close fitting body panels that reduces the drag on the bike. The BMW G 310 R comes with various color schemes and you can select your preferred color tone but all indications are that the ‘white pearl’ color tone is definitely popular.
The BMW G 310 R is a 313 CC single cylinder engine, which comes with 33.6bhp at 9,000rpm and a peak torque output of 28Nm at 7,500rpm. This bike is indeed powerful and can rev up to fantastic speeds, in an instant. It comes with a 6 speed gearbox which is to be expected of any motorbike that tops 300CC. Check out some of the features of this bike,
- It comes with a engine displacement of 313CC
- It also has a power output of 33.6bhp at 9,000rpm and a peak torque output of 28Nm at 7,500rpm
- Top speed – 143km/hr
- Mileage – 26km/L (city), 30 km/L (outside city)
- It comes with 300 mm disc up at the front with 4 piston radially mounted caliper pressing against it
- It comes with basic instrument digital cluster, that displays speed, fuel efficiency, etc
- Tyre – tubeless alloy
4. TVS APACHE RR310
The TVS APACHE RR310 features a clean, aerodynamic design that’s engineered to reduce the drag on the bike; the design certainly looks crisp enough and manages to stand out for the right reasons. What makes this bike interesting is that it comes with higher set of clip on handlebars which should certainly help you relax better, when on the bike. The bike also comes with a large windscreen, which should provide you with protection from the wind at high speeds. Incidentally, it also comes with LED projector headlamps, lending it that ‘unique’ look.
The TVS APACHE RR310 is a 312.2 CC single cylinder engine, which comes with an output of 34 bhp and 28Nm of torque. The bike’s engine is mated to a six speed gear box and it can travel up to speeds of 160km/hr, which is not all that surprising since it gives out between 7000 and 9000 RPM. Check out the main features of this motorbike,
- It comes with an engine displacement of 312.2 CC
- It also comes with a power output of 34 bhp and 28Nm of torque
- It comes with automatic headlamps
- It can go from 0 to 60 km in under a few seconds
- It also comes with USD front forks as well as monoshock for the rear
- It also comes with dual channel ABS system
- It comes with a mileage of 28km/l (city) and 31km/l (outside city)
5. ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC 350
The ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC 350 comes with a classic look, and it also happens to be one of the popular bikes pan India. It stands out on account of its retro look but, but looks could be beguiling as it packs in quite a punch. It comes with metal encased front forks, chrome crowned headlights and the whole ensemble is complete with those vintage mudguards. Incidentally, it also comes with body colored dual suspension which is yet another retro effect that you can expect from this timeless classic.
The Royal Enfield Classic 350CC is a classic that comes with a power output of 19.8bhp @ 5250rpm and 28Nm of torque @ 4000rpm. It also comes with 5 speed gear box and a mileage of 37km/l. Check out some of the features of this retro bike,
- The Royal Enfield classic 350 is a 346 CC motorbike
- It is a single cylinder, four stroke engine, which comes with 19.8bhp @ 5250rpm and 28Nm of torque @ 4000rpm
- It has a mileage of 37km/l
- It comes with analog system console.
These are some of the top end motor bikes, which come with engine displacement in excess of 300 CC.
You can check out the various bikes, their descriptions and choose the one that looks to be a good fit